Newspapers are free and available throughout campus and at local businesses. Advertisers are encouraged to check advertisements daily. If tearsheets are needed for proof of publication, please request them as you place your ad. Requests made more than a month after publication will be honored when possible. You can view old issues of The Daily Illini here.
Advertisements placed in The Daily Illini, Buzz, and Technograph are designed free of charge.
Proofs are for the purpose of correcting production errors only. All changes and revisions made from advertiser’s original copy will be charged at the rate of $25 per hour at a minimum of one hour. Proofs must be returned by 12 noon one business day before publication. After 12 noon, corrections will be made as time permits. Changes to ads past deadline: $25
Terms & policies
General rate policy
- All advertising rates are net, except the published Daily Illini gross national rate and national radio rates. Rates are not commissionable.
- To qualify for bulk contract or frequency contract rates, an advertiser must have a signed agreement and credit application on file with Illini Media.
- The Daily Illini: Advertisers will be subject to extra assessment (short-rate) or credit rebate (long-rate) upon termination of agreement period. Extra assessment will be equal to the number of inches run by the advertiser multiplied by the difference between the signed contract rate and the rate of the contract level fulfilled. Credit rebate for The Daily Illini will equal the number of inches run multiplied by the difference between the signed contract rate and the rate of the contract level fulfilled.
- buzz: Online ads will be subject to extra assessment or credit rebate upon termination of agreement period. Extra assessment will be based on the number of ads run and their sizes, and the difference between the signed contract rate and the rate of the contract level fulfilled. Credit rebate will be based on the number of ads run and its sizes, and the difference between the signed contract rate and the rate of the contract level fulfilled.
- Publisher reserves the right to charge full-price for ads cancelled after deadline.
- Publisher reserves the right to sell special promotion and advertising packages that carry special rates.
- Publisher reserves the right to revise schedule of rates by giving 30 days written notice.
- Emailed ads received after deadline are subject to a $25 late fee.
Terms of payment
- Advertisers who do not have approved credit are required to pay at the time they place their advertising.
- All payments due from clients with approved credit are payable upon receipt of billing.
- Payment in advance is required for these types of ads: student organizations, sublets, roommates wanted, political, spring break travel, “going out of business,” psychic, massage and exotic dancer.
- Advertisements from advertisers whose accounts are unpaid for after 60 days may be stopped until payment is received and balances are current. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in revocation of credit privileges. Accounts may be assessed a 1.5% per month (18% annual) service charge on unpaid balances after 59 days.
- University of Illinois departments should provide a departmental purchase order number or p-card when placing ads.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted.
Contract and copy guidelines
- All advertising is subject to approval by Illini Media. Only publication or broadcast of an advertisement denotes acceptance of an advertisement.
- Ads sent via email or on removable media should be submitted when making a space reservation.
- If publisher agrees to print or broadcast ad copy furnished to Illini Media after deadline, advertiser waives the right to receive a proof. Publisher is not responsible for errors in late copy.
- Publisher reserves the right to use original copy without changes other than changes to correct publisher’s errors.
- Illini Media is not responsible for errors in copy which do not decrease the value of the advertisement.
- Liability for any errors is limited to the cost of the space or time occupied by erroneous advertisement and is limited to the first insertion per day of such error. Requests for adjustment must be made within 30 days of publication or broadcast.
- Placement or page position can be requested but will not be guaranteed, except for standard paid premium placement positions, when available.